Saturday, April 09, 2011

The things we do for our children

Alex is five. he is truly ready for Kindergarden. His only issue to overcome is his shyness around strangers.
Today is the first truly nice day of the Spring. 70 degrees outside. Josh was playing with Drew when he decided that he wanted tennis balls. I told him that the easiest way to get them was to go to the local ACE hardware. Thankfully, he though of it before he set off, he needed money. He volunteered to clean three toilets for $3. He cleaned the toilets and received his pay. He and Drew set out for the hardware store. I realized that Heather was hesitant to let her first born travel the city alone, so I got in to her car and followed far behind them. Alex chose to come with me. We found the boys near the park. We passed them and parked at the Chrysler dealership. We sat on a bench across the street from the ACE and waited for the boys to catch up.
In adequate time they came around the corner and went in to the store. We waited for them to come out before getting back in to the car to follow them back home. They spied us on the way back, and tried to catch a ride back but I would not allow them. I stopped at the corner one corner away from the house and let Alex out to walk home on his own. I drove home and parked. Moments later my two success-filled boys arrived. I hope to show my boys how they can live independent while making positive choices for their future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home