Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Stomach flu

I got very sick. I knew better when i woke up on Monday morning, but I went to work anyway. I made it though the first 4 hours of the day, concentrating heavily on not throwing up. Fifth hour was rough, but by sixth, I had to sit down, it was hard to talk, and I started sweating. With 10 minutes remaining in class, I let the students read the material for themselves, and I didn't offer my standard information. With two minutes remaining I told them I was letting them leave two minutes early because I was going to go and get sick. I asked if they knew that I was sick. They responded with silent nods. They left, and I went across the hall, hoping very strongly that no one was in the bathroom. I got in and lifted the lid, just in time. I left school right after that, got home and slept for a few hours. I didn't go to work Tuesday, on Heather's orders. Thank god I didn't, I continued to be sick for a majority of the day, but I probably would have tried to go in Tuesday morning if she didn't call me in Monday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home